Friday, April 17, 2015

Daddy's Corn Casserole

Everyone has that one favorite side dish that they absolutely love! My favorite side dish would be my daddy's corn casserole. I know some of you may not be into cheese products, but I certainly am in love with any type of cheese! Beware! This recipe includes tons of cheese! I hope you enjoy this wonderful side dish whether it be with Thanksgiving dinner or hamburger steak!

Ingredients:
  • 4 cans of white shoepeg corn
  • 1 package of crackers, crushed
  • 4 cups of sharp shredded cheese
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1 cup of sour cream
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup
Steps to making this wonderful dish:
  1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2.  Drain corn, then empty in a large bowl.
  3. In a pan, melt butter over medium heat.
  4. While butter is melting, pour crushed crackers into the large bowl with the corn.
  5. Then, mix together the crackers and the corn.
  6. Once butter is melted, pour the butter into the bowl with the corn mixture.
  7. Stir.
  8. Then add the cream of chicken soup to the mixture and stir.
  9. Then add the sour cream to the mixture and stir.
  10. Add 2 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese to the mixture and stir.
  11. Place the mixture in a 9x12 casserole dish.
  12. Put the remaining amount of the cheese on top of the casserole evenly
  13. Cook the casserole for 45 minutes to one hour or until golden brown and bubbly on the top.
I hope that you enjoy this wonderful dish and I hope that it helps you bring your family together for an exciting dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment